Pages

Saturday, January 13, 2018

I'm So Grateful...What About You?

Hello and Happy Saturday!
It's a three day weekend for us and today was a busy one, but I have done a bunch and the day isn't even over yet. I started with a walk at the park with my friend (we completed 3.7 miles), then I did some shopping (groceries and craft supplies). Michaels had a 60% off coupon, so I found a Tim Holtz alcohol ink kit to try.  Couldn't beat that deal! Joann had two 50% off coupons and Hobby Lobby always has a 40% off coupon. Hubby and I also went to lunch since we still have some certificates from Christmas we need to use before they expire. 

Once I got home I started some laundry and then hid in my craft room. Well, I didn't really hide. Everyone knows where I go! : )

Today's project...
Resist Technique using Color Burst. I watched a video by Ken Oliver demonstrating how he uses his powders and I gave it a try. I tried to stay away from blue and pink so I pulled out crimson, orange, yellow, green, and violet.

The flower stamp (Doodle Flowers) is by Inkadinkadoo, the sentiment (Thanks so Very Much set) is by My Favorite Things, the butterfly stamp (SC Designs) was a freebie from a card magazine (Cardmaking & Papercraft), and everything was heat embossed with white Zing powder.

The cardstock for each base is by My Favorite Things and the enamel dots are by Teresa Collins. I cut the watercolor paper with a Wonky Stitches die by Avery Elle on my Cuttlebug.
Hope you are able to try something new. I am grateful to have a long weekend and can explore. How about you? Do you have MLK Day off? What are your plans?

Whatever you decide to do, enjoy!
Stay Creative,
Georgiana 

16 comments:

  1. Georgiana, your cards are stunning! The colors, the technique, the design... everything is lovely. I hope you continue to enjoy your long weekend! I will be curling up with a book and then enjoying my hubby's day off with him. Thank you for the gorgeous inspiration today. :)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful and cheerful cards. Love the colours you used. This is a technique that I've yet to try. Looks so awesome, need to give it a go.
    Hugs,
    Lena

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cards are gorgeous! It sounds like you are making the most of your long weekend. I actually have the day off, too! Usually we are having to use MLK Day as a snow make-up day, but we have been lucky enough this year to not get snow, so we have the day off! You can bet I'll be in my scrap room all day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooooo beautiful! LOVING those colors!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeousness!! The colors are stunning!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Georgiana, thanks for your sweet words on my piƱata card! Now your post just made me smile - that's my dream day! A power walk, shopping, coupons, lunch! How sweet! Your cards above are just dreamy - so soft and serene. I really love the effect of the Ken Oliver Color Burst (on my wish list!) and the wonky stitched die (next on my wish list, lol) and your cards are just gorgeous. Have a great week! ♥ (new follower!)

    And I see my friend, Lisa! ↑ waving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Georgiana, your cards looks awesome. Appreciate your creativity and the technique used on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! The color burst effect is really fun! I like the colors you used to! Fun technique and cool results!
    Have a great evening,
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful cards, Georgiana!! I love the colors you used!! Have a great day.
    Gerda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous cards!!I love the pretty doodle flower and colors!!
    I am off today and I just came home from grocery shopping and now I am catching up with bloggy world. Oh! and I have a turkey in the oven..lol
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely splash of colors! This is one step I have not tried out yet, and I do have the supplies to watercolor, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards! I love the gorgeous colors! It is always a fun day when you cand create!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. First of all... OMGOSH! I'm exhausted just reading about all the stuff you completed today! WOW! I barely got up at 11am and had to take family to get haircuts, then came home to start laundry and work in my craft space as well! So glad it's a 3 day weekend! :) I LOVE, LOVE those cards - the colors just POP! I really need to go shopping for some color bursts!! :)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love these cards - i have not tried this technique but I should i love the look.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I am looking forward to visiting you!