Pages

Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Various Techniques Using Oxide Inks

Hello,
It's Wednesday and Winter Break is just a little more than half over. It has been wonderful so far and I have plans to get even more accomplished. My daughter and I took a trip to My Favorite Things in Eustis this morning since they were having a 25% off sale and I had two gift cards from school. We picked up a few dies and she picked out a new stamp set. 

I started making these thank you cards for my students yesterday and finished them when we returned home. I used my new Tim Holtz oxide inks and watched a few videos while trying some new techniques. I found a super long video that had 30 different techniques (click here). I did not watch the entire video at once, but rather in spurts. I was able to make seven cards so far and I am only on technique 15. I need a few more cards, so there are plenty of other techniques to try.

Today's project (with techniques)...
Round blending tool with splattering, white die-cut letters, and a stamped sentiment 

Oxide inks with blending tool, then used metal die-cut THANKS with Cuttlebug

Oxide inks applied with water pen (worn lipstick, cracked pistachio, broken china, faded jeans, and wilted violet); heated between layers of colors; white die-cut letters

3 shades of oxide inks splattered (fossilized amber, broken china, and worn lipstick) and then the THANKS was cut directly from white card stock

The letters from previous card were used so no waste.

Oxide inks applied over a MFT geo stencil and water spritzed. THANKS was cut from black cardstock. Scalloped background is from MFT Blueprints 20.

The stencil from previous card was spritzed with water and then laid on a piece of white cardstock. Light impression of remaining ink pattern transferred.
My students should like receiving a card once we return to school. I am very appreciative of their kindness and want them to know I am grateful. Also, Janis and I have been chatting again. I am going to be a "Design Team floater" on a few of her challenge blogs beginning in January 2018. How very exciting! Be sure to check them out, so you can enter each week! The links are on the right sidebar for easy access.
















If you like what you see, please become a follower. Leave me your blog name and I will stop by to see what you have been making!
Stay Creative,
Georgiana

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness- these are fantastic! What a cool technique and you have showed so many different ways to use them. Super cool! My favorite is oxides applied with the water pen. But all are fab!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowwwwwwww! These are gorgeous! LOVING the colors!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are amazing! Thanks for sharing at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges.
    Janis, Owner & Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Your cards are so amazing! I love the different techniques you used! Congrats on joining Janis, I'm looking forward to more of your creations in the upcoming year! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful cards! I really need to get busy creating some Thank You cards. Thanks for the inspiration! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! You thank you cards are just amazing. Love all the bright colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You are amazing! So glad you linked up with us at PDE this time. Please do come back and good luck hun. Jackie DT member xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am loving all of these similar, yet different cards using Distress Oxides. I am loving my DO inks and all of their possibilites!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I am looking forward to visiting you!