Pages

Saturday, January 15, 2011

It's Just You & Me

Today has been a very good day. This morning I went to Joanns and purchased some paper stacks on clearance for a marvelous price and then drove over to Michaels (There were no more $9.99 cartridges, but I really didn't expect to find any.). I found a great deal on a Martha Stewart Heart edge punch set and some embellishments that I am planning to use as blog candy for upcoming hops. Maybe you saw the cute picture on the right sidebar. A Sweetheart Blog Hop coming February 5th. I am looking forward to hosting the event which put me in the mood to think of my sweetie. Can you see us? We are the pair of squirrels smootching under the lover's tree. : )

I also created this card for 4 Crafty Chicks Challenge ~ Metal and Cupcake Craft Challenge ~ Something New. I have these heart brads that I got at Hobby Lobby for 50% off and I wanted to find a way to use them. What do you think? I think they fit perfectly in the tree.

Front of card
Heart metal brads
Inside of card
Matching envelope
  •  Sweetheart cartridge ~ Tree and Sentiment p.39 ~ Tree was cut at 3" and attached with foam dots.
  • Give a Hoot cartridge ~ Squirrels p.52 
  • BoBunny Love Bandit paper
  • metal heart brads by the Paper Studio
  • green and pink buttons

Hoping you can enjoy time with someone special this weekend.
Georgiana  

20 comments:

  1. Too cute Georgiana!! I love the little love birds... I mean love squirrels! :)

    Thanks for sharing, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so adorable, Georgiana. Love it! The heart brads are perfect in the tree! Terrific job! And a matching envelope. It's a beautiful set--you should sell it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Georgiana, what an adorable layout!!! I'm ao glad to hear you had a good day, but not so that you couldn't catch the Michael's cart sale!

    Anyway, I have a blog award for you, come pick it up whenever you can!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww those squirrels are super cute and yes those brads look excellent in the tree!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the color combination on your card, it looks really pretty....how cute are those squirrels!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is SO SO adorable!! I just love it and I think the brads work perfectly with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this! Such a cute card with the hearts in the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Georgiana, what a super cute card. I love the sweet images and the brads are a perfect finishing touch. Thanks for joining in with my “something new” challenge over at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is super adorable Georgiana!!!

    My M's were out of cartridges before the ad even started! Frustrating!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute card, good luck on your chalenges.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this cute card! I will have to scrap lift it and make it into a layout for February!! Looking forward to you blog hop in February.

    Kerri
    www.caresofkerri.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was thinking the same thing as Kerri...this would make a terrific layout!! :-) Such pretty colors...love the brads! TFS!

    ~Sharon C.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute!!..the pattern paper is so bright & fun..TFS

    Hugs, Sheena

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love, Love, Love the way you used your heart brads and they work so perfectly with the paper you chose. Thank you so much for sharing your cute creation with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Coach,
    I love what you do for the kids, you are such a great inspiration for others, and the cards are so cute. I also live in S Sarasota Fl, and went last week to the Michaels where I live thinking I'd be able to get some carts and was the first one there and the clerk was waiting to go in and said that the managers were told to put the $69.99 out on Tuesday prior to Sunday's ad. So those of us who are regular shoppers and and wait for the paper missed out. I also feel it was like some sort of family, friends secret. Also Walmart and Joanns won't match it either. Quite disapointing, YES! to say the lease! Another ad came out 1/17 stating another $9.99 sale. None of those are anywhere to be found from Manatee - Fort Myers, and I see to your area, I think Provo Craft should know that this is false advertisment on both ends! I have posted it on my blog. bearcubscraproom bolgspot thanks ginny

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a great card, love the way you used the heart brads and the papers are beautiful.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I am looking forward to visiting you!