Pages

Saturday, January 22, 2011

It's a Challenge Day, Pt. 2

After I made the last card, my husband asked if I wanted to run an errand with him and my first thought was, "Hmmm...That may intefer with my crafting time." He said I could run into Michaels and Joanns if I went, so I said "SURE!, but I have to print out a coupon first."

I just found out from a friend that Joanns takes every other store's coupons, so I printed out a Michaels and ACMoore. We don't even haven an ACMoore here in town (the closest is 80 miles away), but they honor them any way. That was exciting to find out! 

The second card of the day fits a few challenges:

 The paper is Nana's Nursery by DCWV. Those polka dots are wonderful.
The dove was cut at 2 1/4" from the Sweetheart cartridge (p. 56) and It Matters sentiment was cut at 1" from Give a Hoot (p. 76). I used the 2 1/2" polka dot green dove on the envelope because it was too big for the space I wanted on the front of the card. It looks great and it didn't go to waste.

Time to make dinner and do a load of laundry, then back to find another challenge. : )
Georgiana

11 comments:

  1. So pretty...I just love the Nana's Nursery stacks..they have some really cute an pretty papers. I really like this card..the dove is beautiful..I also like the shopping deal..hehe..my fiance does that sometimes :) TFS

    Hugs, Sheena

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny! I guess it's never too busy a time for craft shopping!!!

    Your card is lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome day of crafting and glad you got to use the Coupon! Yes and Joann's lets you use MULTIPLES - where are M's and ACM only let you use ONE. So print one from each store and go there and use multiples at Joann's! Where I think I am in a 20 mile radius (all in diff directions) of all three craft stores!! I frequent M's (that's where I just got back from and it's only 5 degrees out!) - Happy crafting

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card! I love the soft pink and green!
    How wonderful that you can use additional coupons at Joann's! We only have Michaels here. I wish we had more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is absolutely lovely! and very pretty!

    TOri xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A super - duper spotty delight Georgiana and great colours too x Thanks for sharing your work with us at MTTCC

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I hope you got lots of goodies from that trip! :o) Your card came out lovely! :o)
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty card! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for playing along at Crafty Creations in our bird challenge!Lovely card - really like the dove! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I am looking forward to visiting you!