Pages

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Woven Paper in a Tri-fold Card

My Personal Challenge Begins

Last night I began working on my first new card design. Not only did I create a card that I haven't before, I also added a new technique...weaving. I have seen my students do this on numerous occasions before, but I have not added this feature to any of my cards. I decided to give it a try. I used scraps that I had and cut them into 5" x 1/2 " strips. I placed a piece of tape at the top of my working area and began alternating the slips of pastel papers. I kept my final piece and used it as a background for the center of my tri-fold card, but I did see that the woven paper can be cut into different shapes....I'll try that one another time.


The dainty pink ribbon is the first impression.

 The second layer is the blue buttons which is the doorway to inside.


Once you open the card, you are overwhelmed with a feeling of happiness.


Walk in My Garden Cricut cartridge was used for flower, small garden critters, and "be happy" expression.

Please leave a comment and let me know what your favorite type of card fold is. I would love to try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I am looking forward to visiting you!