Pages

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Western Theme Challenge

A Western Card with the Concertina Fold

Here is another new type of card for my personal challenge...a concertina fold. I had LOTS of fun with this card! I think I might do a few more in the future (when I have plenty of extra time for all the fine details). I used a western/cowboy theme, so it would be eligible for Paper Cutz Challenge. 
 
This is the front of the card. I created it by cutting a 12" x 12" piece of brown card stock in half. Then I folded that piece into 3 even sections. I actually purchased a scoring tool to attach to my Fiskar paper cutter and it worked perfectly. I then traced the first two sections and covered it with green for the pasture. I added a variety of theme related pieces I cut from Old West. The horses and fence are attached with foam dots to add depth.


When you open the card you see the barn and cowgirl. Oh yeah, that rope is just hanging on the post so you can lasso some wild horses. I am not quite pleased with the cowgirl yet, so I will probably do a little editing tomorrow before I start another challenge.

Looking forward to hearing from you and please let me know your favorite type of card. I'd like to try the Tri-fold Shutter card next but am open for suggestions.

5 comments:

  1. How cute is that!?!? I love it. I need to come over so we can do some creating. Excellent job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog:) Your card is great. It looks like it was a LOT of work! TFS :)

    michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. most definitely an awesome card, Thanks for playing on PCC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    Your card is awesome. I really like the layout.
    Thanks for the comment on my horse. The horse is from Create a Critter along with the howdy and the grass is from A Child's Year.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I am looking forward to visiting you!