Pages

Monday, January 19, 2015

Bursting with Thanks

Hello Crafty Friends,

I have been at home all day enjoying the day off, but thinking about what I need to do to be ready to go back to school tomorrow. In a little while I am going to review my lessons, update my class web page, and then go to the store to get some healthy snacks for the week. It sure was nice having a three day weekend. 

My son asked me to make a thank you card for his girlfriend's parents. I have never met them, so I am not really sure what their style is. I decided to make a sunburst card with bright, cheerful colors.

I used a variety of My Mind' Eye patterns for the alternating strips. This sunburst technique is a great way to use scraps! I added creamy ruffled ribbon and the scalloped circle (My Craft Spot) is adhered with foam squares for dimension.    

I think the sunburst technique puts a smile on your face...at least it does for me. : )
Other Materials:
cream card stock
Fiskars stamp ~ Thank You set
Versafine Black Onyx ink

Be sure to come back tomorrow for the new Die Cuttin' Diva challenge.

Have a great night!
Georgiana 

7 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Georgiana!! The starburst pattern looks amazing!! The papers are so beautiful!! They will adore this!! It's fabulous!! Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely card Georgiana! Love the soft, pretty colors and fun patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happiness is sunshine and this card sure is happy. It's a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love sunburst cards and yours is fantastic! The colors and papers are so bright and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I am looking forward to visiting you!