Pages

Monday, December 29, 2014

Distance Means Little, But Distrezz Makes the Difference

Welcome Back on this Marvelous Monday! Thank you for stopping by during the past couple of days. I realize the holiday season keeps us all busy, but I appreciate you sharing your time and leaving comments. I have had lots of opportunities to create and will continue into 2015!

One of my goals was to try some new styles while incorporating new techniques into my papercrafting. This one used a stamp as my focal point along with distressing. I truly like how it turned out! Time to search for more sentiments!

I used the following sketch from 4 Crafty Chicks.

First, I cut the 3" oval using the Plantin School Cricut cartridge.  I found the Stampabilities wooden stamp in my collection (love the font and saying). I used Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil brown for the sentiment and colored pencils for the flowers.

I have been practicing my triple bows (Thanks Lisa for your input!). I wanted them to be more free-flowing. Another goal accomplished!

Here is my new distressing tool. I bought mine at Hobby Lobby (clearance section), but it is available on-line. My hubby and daughter were quite impressed with the outcome.
Other Materials:
kraft and cream card stock
My Mind's Eye pattern paper ~ Madison Ave stack
pink pearls
brown flower

Other Challenges:
Make it a great week!
Stay Creative,
Georgiana
Follow on Bloglovin

18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! LOVING the distressing and the colors!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing! I love your bow and your fabulous distressing! I got the distress tool for my birthday but I've hardly used it - I keep forgetting about it! Thank you for reminding me - I need to distress more! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the techniques you used. The sentiment is really the star of the card. I can't wait to see your new projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Georgiana! I love the distressed edges, courtesy of your new play-thing. :) It gives your card such a delicate, vintage feel. Love the pearls you placed on here, too. So sweet in the pink. :)

    thanks for coming by my blog, and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet card, the color combination looks great! I also love that you're trying new techniques, the distressed edges look great! Hope you enjoy your time off!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bow is perfect, Georgiana!! Wow!! It looks amazing!! You mastered it!! The distressing looks fabulous!! I absolutely love this!! What a gorgeous card!! Happy, happy new year!! I hope 2015 is filled with much love, happiness and many, many blessings :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Geargiana! I love the pretty papers, fun distressing and wow...what a bow!! The sentiment is beautiful to:)
    Happy New Year!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! I love the distressing and the sketch too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Georgiana, this is gorgeous!! I love the colors, the sentiment and that bow is AWESOME! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous card Georgiana! LOVE the color combo and that GREAT distressing!!!!
    Happy New Year my friend! Looking forward to what 2015 brings!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful card design Georgiana, such pretty colors and wonderful sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay... I've never seen that tool before! That's super cool! Your card looks amazing! I love the distressed look and the pretty colors.. your ribbon stands out and looks so lovely! :) Now to check out this tool! HA! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it! I adore the papers you have used and the sentiment is just cool xx Good luck and thank you for joining us at http://thatcraftplaceblog.blogspot.co.uk/
    Sandie (That Craft Place Designer, proud DT)
    http://fairytaledaydream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful! I love every design element you put into it! I love the distressing and the sentiment is just perfect! You did great with your bow :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is really lovely. You really rock ribbons and bows.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I am looking forward to visiting you!