Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Thank You, My Student

Hi again! 

It has been a busy, but productive day. This morning I did a little hopping (saw some cute banners for a pediatric unit), finished this card, and then went to the crafty stores to get a new i-rock since mine didn't work any more. The only reason I bought another one...I received some gems and stencils for Christmas that I wanted to use. If it breaks or burns out again, I don't think I will replace it.

 I made this card for a student who gave me a beautiful picture frame yesterday as a late Christmas present.
Materials:
Making Memories ~ Black and White pad
blue and white cardstock
3 Birds on Parade cartridge ~ flower bird (p. 49) cut at 1 3/4"
Spellbinders ~ Lacey Circles
Winter Woodland cartridge ~ circle cut at 2 3/4" and 2 1/2"
black and white flowers
blue and silver gems
 Challenges:

Here are the goodies I picked up today.
 DCWV paper pads ~ $3.97 each (regular $14.99)
Martha Stewart Valentine's pad ~ 40% off coupon (regular $4.99)
Studio G paper pad ~ 60 cents
embossing powder  ~ $2.21 after 40% off coupon
green and black flowers ~ .97 cents (regular $2.99)
white flowers ~ $1.19 (regular $3.99)
ribbons ~ 40 cents to $1.00
Scrapbooking magazine ~ $1.27 after 40% off coupon

Joanns is offering 20% off for teachers this weekend. Who could pass up shopping?!?!

Take Care,
Georgiana  

16 comments:

  1. What a sweet card!! Love the pattern paper and that adorable cut!
    Thanks for sharing your bargain finds!! have fun playing with them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to use that pattern paper and I love the black/white with turquoise. Adorable birdie! Oh I've been a good girl as far as shopping..... I've got stuff I haven't even broke out of the package yet.... Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH ... very, very cute! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘BLACK/WHITE + One Other Color’ challenge and please come back again soon!

    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the black and white patterns on your card, with a splash of blue. You were quite the bargain shopper today and picked up some great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Georgiana I am so sorry, I stopped by earlier and viewed your card, but didn't leave a comment. Too cute. Did I mention I love the blues in this. Take card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card !!! Have fun with your new goodies!:)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card love the pattern paper used to create this card

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so adorable, and I love that this was made for one of your students! How special :)
    Amy
    redheadedcrafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card! Love the color combo! Looks like some great goodies! I went to Micheal's they had Recollections for 50% off, so I picked up some brads and flowers. I also got some ribbon for .38! I'm going to try and hit Joann's after church!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is sooo ADORABLE!I LOVE the great pattern paper and color combo,FANTASTIC job girl!:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute card! Wow, love all the goodies you picked up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun card!! I love the color combo, it's one of my favorites! Tfs and have a great day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Georgiana,I love this card what a great coler combo.You did a great job.
    Hugs Gerda.
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Like the black & white with splash of color card. Not used an IRock before but a friend has one & likes it.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cute card, G. Love the black and white and blue together. Oh boy, what a great haul you got at Joann's. I didn't get out today; took down all the Xmas decorations. That's done. Phew!-Pat

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I am looking forward to visiting you!